Oxygen: The Key to Resilient Health
Of all the elements, oxygen is the most important for life. It is essential for virtually all bodily functions, from respiration and digestion to detoxification and regeneration. We can experience the immediate benefits of oxygen by simply taking a few deep breaths. Please, take a moment to breathe… How do you feel?
With more oxygen in our bodies, we have greater energy, strength, mental clarity, sensory awareness, immunity, longevity — the list goes on. In addition to increasing our supply of oxygen, we can improve its delivery to all of our tissues and boost oxygen utilization within our cells. Beyond breathing and exercise, ozone and hyperbaric oxygen therapies are powerful ways to harness the power of oxygen for greater health.
Ozone: Super-Charged Oxygen
Ozone (O3) or “super-charged oxygen” is a naturally occurring gas formed when lightning strikes and when solar UV rays hit the stratosphere. These electrical charges and high-frequency waves split common oxygen (O2) into two highly unstable oxygen atoms (O1), which quickly bond with nearby diatomic oxygen (O2) to create triatomic oxygen (O3), or ozone, a highly reactive oxidizer.
Ozone is also produced by swirling vortices of air or water, formed by natural currents (such as waterfalls) or the flapping of wings or fins. In these cases, it is static electricity that splits the oxygen molecules. When ozone is compressed into a liquid phase, it has a dark blue color. Likewise, in its natural form as a gas, the ozone layer is what makes the sky appear blue. Being heavier than the surrounding air, ozone perpetually descends from the stratosphere and cleans the Earth’s atmosphere via oxidation.
Fun Fact: The word ozone is from the Proto-Greek *óďďō meaning to smell, which accounts the sweet, sharp, chlorine-like smell of a lightning storm, and its effectiveness in neutralizing other odors. This is also the root of the word odor.
The Health Benefits of Ozone
Ozone has numerous applications in detoxification, regeneration, water and air sanitation, and cleaning. Ozone therapy is well researched and proven to be a powerful and effective modality for preventing and treating a wide range of health conditions. Ozone machines are common in hospitals and ambulances in many countries, yet the American FDA has banned ozone therapy, claiming it is a “toxic” gas. Why? Because it works. Thus, it poses a major threat to the profits of the allopathic medical establishment — pharmaceutical, chemical, and medical companies who have vested interests in keeping people sick and effectively control public health policymakers. We need not put our health in the hands of corrupt institutions. Instead, we can choose natural alternatives to synthetic drugs and invasive surgeries, modalities that are not only safer but also more effective.
- Natural and safe — no harmful side effects with proper usage
- Effective and easy to use
- Preventative and regenerative
- Anti-aging and beautifying
- Reduces inflammation
- Boosts immunity
- Increases oxygen utilization and endurance
- Stimulates mitochondria to produce more energy
- Heals injuries, old and new, and expedites recovery time after exercise
- Kills harmful microbes, such as anaerobic bacteria, viruses,
yeast, fungi, and parasites, without harming beneficial aerobic flora
- Super-oxygenates all cells and selectively destroys cancer cells
- Detoxes heavy metals, pesticides, PCBs, calcification, plaque, and other toxins
We do not recommend autohemotherapy (intravenous injection) for systemic applications, as it is quite invasive. Instead, we offer intestinal or vaginal insufflation, either of which can be self-administered in a private restroom using a thin catheter connected to an ozone-resistant container.
Ear insufflation is used for cranial conditions, such as those involving the ears, nose, throat, eyes, and central nervous system. A large ozone-resistant limb bag can be utilized for immersing extremities in ozone gas, and a cupping device is available for smaller skin conditions. Drinking or swishing ozonated water supports oral and gastro-intestinal health, while also allowing for some absorption into the bloodstream. For dental applications, one can also swish diluted ozone gas bubbled through oil. Finally, ozonated coconut, olive, and other oils can be applied topically to address skin, hair, and nail conditions. We typically provide several of these applications during a 30-minute session.
Side effects can vary depending on health conditions and the form of ozone therapy applied. While breathing excessive ozone may cause temporary damage to the respiratory system, diluted ozone gas bubbled through oil can be helpful for lung conditions. All of our clinical applications involve a high degree of dilution with pure oxygen, so we are never working with highly concentrated ozone. We generally use between 10 and 40 gamma (micrograms of ozone per milliliter of oxygen-ozone gas). This means the gas we use contains more than 95% oxygen and less than 5% ozone. Temporary side effects from the proper administration of ozone therapies may include flu-like symptoms (such as mild fever, nausea, low energy, and headache) resulting from the die-off of anaerobic microorganisms. Side effects of intestinal and vaginal insufflation may include mild discomfort, release of gas, and bowel movement. Ear insufflation may produce a warm sensation and discharge of earwax. Other applications are without significant side effects.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy for a Deeper Level of Healing
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) involves simply relaxing and breathing pure oxygen while under pressure. Mild HBOT is about 1.3 atmospheres (4 psi), equivalent to diving about 4 meters below sea level. Thus, the chamber used for this therapy is called a “shallow dive”. The pressure may be mild, but the health benefits are profound. When the body is under mild pressure, oxygen can diffuse directly into the blood plasma; red blood cells are no longer required to transport oxygen to other cells. Oxygen delivery and utilization increase, as this diffusion allows oxygen to reach areas with impaired circulation. As a result, HBOT supports the detoxification and regeneration of damaged tissues throughout the body. Furthermore, this recent breakthrough study found that it also rejuvenates DNA in such a way that is effectively anti-aging.
Health Benefits of Hyperbaric Oxygen
- Enhances the healing of wounds — internal/external, old/new
- Reduces inflammation, swelling, bruises, scars, and infections
- Expedites recovery time from injuries and surgeries
- Assists in the growth of new blood vessels, collagen, and all tissues
- Facilitates cellular detoxification and boosts the immune system
- Improves brain cell function and cognitive capacities
- Increases telomere length and reduces senescent cells, effectively reversing the aging process
“Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is one of the lowest-risk procedures in all of medicine.” — Paul Harsh, MD,
The most common side effect is discomfort or pain in the ears due to the change in pressure. This can be avoided or minimized by equalizing/popping the ears and swallowing. We can also slow the rate of pressure change to ensure comfort. Temporary side effects may include drowsiness, hyperactivity, or dizziness, however these usually not experienced. Even less common effects may include vision change, headache, or nausea. If experienced, these are likely the result of microbe die-off due to enhanced detoxification from both hyperbaric and ozone therapies. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy may not be appropriate for people with the following conditions: upper respiratory infection, congestion in the nose/ears, ear infection, acute asthma, high fever, seizure disorder, aneurism, glaucoma, optic neuritis, pregnancy, severe heart or lung disease, congenital spherocytosis, pneumothorax, and those currently taking specific drugs for alcoholism or chemotherapy.
Preparing for Your Session
- If you wish to include ozone therapy, it is best to avoid consuming vitamin C or other antioxidants within the hour before your session, as they can neutralize the desired oxidation effect. For just HBOT, this is not necessary.
- You may wish to bring a swimsuit or change of clothes, as you might sweat a lot while inside the chamber.
- You may use your smartphone or other electronic devices inside the chamber, but taking a break from the EMFs and meditating with slow, deep breathing is recommended. The humidity inside may also be a concern for electronics.
- At least one hour per session is recommended, the longer the better, however shorter sessions can be beneficial.
- HBOT is not recommended if you have trouble equalizing the pressure in your head by clearing your ears and/or swallowing, such as when you change elevation while flying, driving, or diving. This is often the case when you have a head cold, allergies, or other nasal congestion. If so, you can still try HBOT, but you may need to self-regulate the pressure using a knob inside the chamber until you reach full pressure.
- It takes a couple minutes to fully inflate or deflate the chamber. If you need to use the bathroom during your session, this can be done. Hydrate well in advance but only consume minimal fluids in the hours beforehand to make the most of your time under pressure.
- After just one session, you will likely feel more energy and ease in your body and mind, but remember that the most profound and long-lasting benefits come with consistent use over a period of days or weeks.
What Our Clients Are Saying
“I can feel how the treatments bring more oxygen flow into my body and leave me feeling more enlightened. I definitely experienced healing in many parts of my body where I was experiencing pain. All in all, it was a super beneficial treatment. If you have any form of pain, give it a try for faster recovery, clarity, and overall wellbeing. Blessings!”
— Joe Van Niekerk
“It feels very restful to meditate and breathe deeply in the chamber. I am energized and tingly after each session. I feel good about the detoxification effects and look forward to more rejuvenating treatments.”
— Jenny Smith
“I really enjoyed the body high from the hyperbaric. I also had extra energy for my long flight home. Normally, I sleep on the plane and feel achy from sitting so long, but this time I was more comfortable and productive. I’d like to do this daily.”
— Gerald Hatfield
“After hyperbaric oxygen, I feel more invigorated and alive. My joints and lower back are more free and my stretches afterward are much easier and deeper. I recommend this for my clients to work on their whole body!”
— Tim Johnson
“The ozone insufflation helped eliminate my UT infection within a matter of hours. I’m looking forward to more sessions at the O-Zone!”
— Laura Garrett
“I was a bit skeptical at first, but after 45 minutes in the chamber, my joints felt better. I felt refreshed and more awake.”
— Mike McGinnis